Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back in NYC....

Yes, I know. I realize that this blog has lost its drawing factor of being written from Cairo, and perhaps you'll no longer find it very interesting because of this fact. However, I'm going to justify the continuation of my writing on the basis that a) I still have experiences and photos from Cairo that I want to share b) the Revolution and my interest in what is happening in Egypt, is far from over and whether or not I have something to say about it, I can at least share information with those of you who may not be following the developments as religiously as folk like me and c) blogging requires no justification :) That being said, everyday I reflect on my experience, albeit it very short. Indeed its effect upon me was immensely powerful. I continue to be moved by the people I spoke with and met, the images I saw, and the sheer magnitude of the changes that Egypt has undergone and continues to embark upon. The atmosphere was intoxicating. I find myself longing intensely to be back in the midst of it all. And yea, this absolutely miserable cold, sleet-rain-snow mixture here might be helping. Could go for a stroll along the Nile under perfectly sunny skies...

No comments:

Post a Comment